Steps To Certification
How to become a Certified Organic Producer, Processor, Packer, Importer or Distributor follows a straightforward path.
- Firstly, complete request for application form or contact the FVOPA Administrator by email or by phone directly.
- FVOPA will send by email, a set of application forms and a list of required supporting documents.
- Upon reciept of all completed forms (electronically) and payment of certification fees FVOPA will begin the process.
- The Certification Committee (CC) then carry out an initial review of the application.
- Once the application is approved, an Inspection is arranged.
- Once the inspection has taken place, the Inspector submits the inspection reports to the CC for review.
- The certification decision is made by the CC based upon the Inspection reports and supporting documentation.
- The operator is then sent a report letter stating the CC's conclusions regarding the operations compliance with the Canada Organic Standards.
- If there are certification conditions, the operator is given a set time frame to submit the necessary information.
- If there are no conditions, the Organic Certificate, Transitional Certificate or Attestation of Compliance will be issued.
- In some cases a second inspection may be required before the Certificate is issued.